Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE FOR RUNNERS
The general philosophy in fell or mountain racing is that the competitor should take primary responsibility for their own safety on the fells or mountains. Please note the following:
- Arrive at the venue with as much kit as the organiser is likely to require you to carry on the day. This means windproof full body cover, other body cover appropriate for the weather conditions (e.g. waterproof full body cover, hat, gloves etc.), map, compass, whistle, emergency food (long races).
- Have the necessary skills to cope with any navigational problems you may encounter, whatever the weather.
- Be able to recognize the signs of hypothermia and hypoglycemia in yourself and others.
- Hypothermia: not responding to conversation; unco-ordinated movement and speech; inability to think clearly; wanting to carry on in adverse conditions; skin cold where normally warm, such as under armpit. Immediate action: wrap in warm clothing.
- Hypoglycemia: confusion, ill coordinated movement and speech; weakness, hunger. Immediate action: drink glucose solution or suck sweets.
- If you retire you MUST notify the officials at the finish (and the nearest check-point marshal, if appropriate) before you leave the area.
- If you see someone in trouble: HELP, even if it costs you the race.
- Be aware that, by the nature of fell or mountain racing and hill walking, first aid may not be readily available.
- You agree to the terms and conditions set out by the event organiser for this event.
- You confirm that you will be the minimum age required to take part in the event (18 years of age).
- You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good and you take full responsibility for your training. You take part in this event at your own risk.
- In the event of adverse weather, a joint decision will be reached and agreed by the race organiser and the Clwydian Range AONB Wardens prior to the race should the weather demand that the event be cancelled. The event organiser's decision will be final.